At The Terrace at Newark, we understand the challenges of caring for people with memory loss and other types of dementia…we offer a fresh approach to caring for individuals that is based on specially designed, safe and stimulating surroundings coupled with highly trained and compassionate staff. Every day at The Terrace, our Memory Care Neighborhood staff help to create meaningful moments and activities that provide a sense of purpose for seniors living with memory loss while focusing on the stories and details of an individual’s life.
Terrace Care Levels
Customize the healthcare at The Terrace at Newark
At The Terace at Newark we offer personalized care to ensure that residents receive individualized assistance. Our Resident Wellness Coordinator, a licensed Registered nurse, determines the appropriate level of care for each resident by completing a comprehensive assessment of each resident’s individual abilities and needs. These assessments are reviewed on an ongoing basis as a resident’s condition changes so that a resident’s need and staff assistance are always aligned.
At the Terrace All residents receive Terrace Living services & amenities:
- A state-of-the-art emergency call system
- 24-hour access to staff
- Three nutritious meals served in our beautiful dining room
- Snacks available throughout the day
- A variety of stimulating activities and social events led by a full time Activity Director
- Scheduled Medical transportation
- All utilities except telephone
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Weekly laundering of bed and bath linens
- Medication Management
- Assistance with Daily care needs, dressing, grooming, bathing etc… Within each care level, we customize care to help each resident maintain his or her highest level of independence and ability. Because no two residents are the same, and we do it all for one low monthly rent.
Memory Care Neighborhood At The Terrace at
Newark Assisted Living
For Residents who need specialized care in coping with Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders, The Terrace at Newark provides memory care support 24 hours a day. Our program is guided by our RN Wellness Coordinator and implemented by our highly trained skilled caregivers.
Our Memory Care Neighborhood accomodations are as beautiful as the rest of The Terrace at Newark with a higher level of staffing. At the Terrace, we understand the challenges of caring for someone with unscheduled needs and memory loss and our full time activities coordinator works to create resident specific programs for each Resident’s unique needs.
Our staff understands the importance of individual preferences in daily life. They’re specially trained Dementia Care Specialists to understand the progression of memory disorders. Above all, they’re exceptionally caring, insightful people who bring compassion, companionship and mental stimulation to our Residents.
Our Memory Care Neighborhood includes all regular amenities and services, plus:
- Individual plan of care for each resident
- Caring compansionate staff, trained as Dementia Care Specialists
- Medication supervision provided by a licensed nurse
- Structured guidance and activities program, integrating daily tasks of living and engaging residents at all levels
- Custom-designed neighborhood with dining, living and activities areas
- Secured and monitored entries and exits
- Private sunrooms with panoramic views of our property
- Access to our outdoor courtyard and garden areas
- Ongoing training for staff and caregivers
Make a difference!
Come join our team. The quality of care at The Terrace at Newark s -Assisted Living starts with our employees. Valuing our team members has remained one of the main characteristics that set us apart. We offer a unique, challenging and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits as well as the opportunity for both personal and professional growth.
Please fill out our employee application